Female Cricket Development Officer – Auckland University Cricket Club
The lowdown: Work with the General Manager, to advance the Club’s strategic plan and aspirations in relation to cricket for Wahine and kitori through relationship building and management, excellent customer service and successful delivery of events and programmes.
Reports to: General Manager, Auckland University Cricket Club
Position Level: Contractor / Paid Employee
Employment Status: Part-time – average 10 hours per week, with seasonality. Some Saturday work may be required
Location: Club Office, Colin Maiden Park, Saint Johns, and around Eastern Suburbs and Tamaki from time to time
- Act as the face of female cricket at AUCC for the club and local community
- Work with the General Manager to identify action plans that deliver the Club’s strategic plan and aspirations
- Deliver agreed action plans, working with Club staff members and volunteers
- Raise the profile of the female players within the Club
Promotion of female cricket
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local community groups, including schools and colleges, with an aim to elevate the profile of cricket with an all-female population, promoting the “Game for Life” vision.
- Working with General Manager, deliver ACA female initiatives
- Attend events, and functions, and use social media to raise the women in cricket profile
General operations and administration
- Act as the point of contact for all things female
- Act as the “Junior Girls Convenor”, organizing teams, liaising with other club’s female convenors and ACA on all things female
- Working with the Cricket Delivery Officer, support all female players and their whanau to ensure the smooth running of all cricket activities including training and events
- Working with other staff, provide data analyses and report writing support for the General Manager in relation to the female player
Provide administration and communication support for events for all female players including:
- Coaching programmes and individual team coaching programmes.
- AUCC Club cricket played in ACA and EDCA competitions around Auckland.
- JT Sparling Super Series Competition in Auckland
- Access to club facilities for ACA and the public when Auckland Cricket host games at CMP
Female pathway, High Performance / Team selection
- Know our playersAssist coaches/coaching manager player selection for various teams and programmes, including Premier teams, EDCA / ACA programmes
- Work with the General Manager and coaches, design and implement the female pathway (includingplaying, coaching, umpiring, and administration)
- Working with the Junior Coaching Manager, promote female coach development
- Member & Patron Satisfaction
- Provide a high level of customer service to all members of the club and their whanau, with a focus on our female players
- Build relationships with players, parent coaches, and volunteers, treating all with respect
- Timely and professional response to all inward correspondence
This position requires a high degree of motivation, flexibility in hours of work and high level of integrity. You demonstrate the following:
- Passionate in delivering sports for individual and community wellbeing
- A team player who looks for ways to collaborate
- Approachable with excellent interpersonal skills with people management and relationship-building experience
- Excellent communicator with good verbal and written communication skills
- A growth mindset
- A pragmatic problem solver with common sense
- Experienced in delivering sports for wahine, kōtiro, youth or ethnic communities an advantage
- Past customer service, sales or marketing experience an advantage
Email your CV and cover letter to Spencer Cramer, AUCC Club Manager at: email@example.com
Events Coordinator – Auckland Cricket
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of an exciting sporting environment that strives to lead and push cricket to the next level. To view full job description, click here.
The Events Coordinator will play a crucial role in enhancing Auckland Cricket’s presence and engagement within the community by spearheading the planning, execution, and growth of high-quality events. This role is pivotal in elevating revenue-generating events, driving the membership program, building stronger relationships, and fostering the growth of Aces and Hearts fans across Auckland.
The role will also work alongside the GM Marketing and Relationships to plan and deliver events across the season that service Auckland Cricket’s marketing plan, with a particular emphasis on the Super Smash, Cricketer of the Year awards and take responsibility for the implementation of the Auckland Cricket membership programme.
- Outstanding organisation & time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workload to meet deadlines
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the job
- A level of fitness that supports effective delivery of a role that requires physical capability at times
- An outgoing confident personality with an ability to relate well to people at all levels
- Ability to communicate with people from grass roots to Board level
- Can effectively build and maintain networks and relationships with key stakeholders, service providers, and associated organisations
- An understanding of how to manage and maximise relationships to provide quality outcomes
- Develop good teamwork skills by building and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Readily shares information and supports the work of others
- Works collaboratively and co-operatively with others
Due to the nature of the seasonal sport, weekend work in summer would be a key requirement.
If you believe you have the experience and attributes we’re looking for in this role, please apply on Seek: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/69426880
with the following:
- Cover letter: explaining why you’d be a great Events Coordinator
- Your resume/CV
or contact Shovik Nandi, firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Applications to be received on or before Friday 10 September, 2023.
Click here for vacancies at CD Cricket.
Click here for vacancies at Cricket Wellington.
Click here for vacancies at Canterbury Cricket.
Click here for vacancies at Otago Cricket.
Click here for vacancies at ND Cricket.